Earlier, Production and distribution were considered the sequential chain of extremely specialized activities. The role of logistics is to ensure availability of all the required materials before every step in this chain. Logistics facilitates help in economic transactions, serving as an enabler of growth commerce in an economy. Logistics has become a distinct function with the rise of mass production systems in an economy. Logistics service providers primarily help an organization achieve two major goals: reducing operating cost and increasing the revenue. When a Logistics service provider organizes the required transportation assets, the customer’s investment in logistics assets is reduced and hence the firm can invest in more productive activities.
Transportation is basically the movement from one location to another as it makes its way from the beginning of a supply chain to the customer’s hands. Transportation not only ensures movement goods from one place to another thus assisting the economy in the growth of trade and commerce. Being one of the most noticeable elements of logistics services, transportation has gained a lot of importance and interest from the logistics perspective. Transportation plays an important role in each and every supply chain.
For a transportation strategy to be successful it should have a clear understanding of the following:
- Customer Requirements: Supply chain involves the constant and effective movement of products from Supply vendor to Manufacturer to Consumer. As a result, the transportation must meet the customer’s needs. Understanding the quantitative aspects of this need, in turn, allows reducing operation overheads and increase revenues.
- Mode selection: Selecting the mode of daily transport is an important consideration. The transit time has to be considered while doing so. The right choice of transportation carrier is important to reduce extra costs and avoid chaos in the supply chain.
- Timely movement: Customers demand their cargos be delivered as and when they require. These can be the date of need, the preferred carrier, Delivery in good order, Delivery in time of choice. A transportation program which can attain these aspects is sure to provide customer satisfaction and give a competitive edge to the service provider.
- Carrier relationships: the whole choice of service providers cannot be divided among many carriers. The chief reason being that responsive transportation can create a competitive advantage and this can be done only with a focused relationship with a carrier.
- Measuring/benchmarking: There is a necessity to know about the performance of the strategy as well as the carriers. Measuring and benchmarking can be of assistance in this. Measuring here means comparing performance versus standards. Benchmarking means learning what other players do — the best practices in the market. Benchmark needs to be done with a company in the same industry.
Trukky has evolved systems and technology that can support companies and individuals to do the logistics analysis based on the dispatches, routes, mode, services they use for their cargo movement and logistics needs.
This time transport make a new step toward China and Dubai
Trukky logistics going to start their shipment process from China to Dubai Shipping Services which is a great achievement for us. This is one the best way to transport your material from China to Dubai. China freight and Dubai freight are both dependent on each other for transports.